In a Christ-centered atmosphere, we strive to provide a safe, clean environment with technology, curriculum materials, and support staff. School and community spirit, as well as respect for all, will flourish.
St. Joseph Catholic School will continue to base expectations of student learning on rigorous standards of academic excellence which address each child's developmental needs and are rooted in Gospel values and Catholic Church teachings.
For more than 150 years, St. Joseph Catholic School has been providing children with a rich, faith-based education. St. Joseph Catholic School remains committed to providing equal opportunities for students to pursue academic excellence in a program which stresses the messages of the Gospel.
St. Joseph Catholic School is primarily a Catholic K-8 elementary school. It is our belief that students should be challenged and prepared to meet the needs of the human condition of the times, to be open to the workings of the Holy Spirit, and to help others from Christian values. We believe students should be given experiences in which they are involved in caring for one another. Through the motivation and example of a dedicated and caring school community consisting of administration, faculty, and support staff, students will internalize the lessons learned through these experiences and carry them into everyday living contributing to the greater good of the total human community.
We feel that if students are to enjoy the richness of life, they must develop spiritually, intellectually, morally, physically, and aesthetically. Therefore, we at St. Joseph Catholic School constantly strive to provide a rigorous academic program that deals with all phases of the individual student's growth. We continue to encourage the development of a Christian attitude and a philosophy of life based upon the teachings of Christ.
- To instruct students about the accepted truths of the Catholic faith.
- To inspire students to live virtuous lives by making the fulfillment of God's will their principle motivator in life.
- To create positive attitudes toward all that contributes to physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- To develop good work habits, diligence, accuracy, cooperation, and through the exercise of these, gain the sense of achievements and responsibility necessary to nurture the true self-esteem needed to evolve a mature, well-adjusted person.
- To assist each individual in acquiring the tools of learning, emphasizing the basic skills of reading, writing, listening, thinking, reasoning, speech, science, mathematics, and modern technology.
- To instill an appreciation of music, art, and literature.